Imagine the fresh juniper taste of gin, the botanical essence of vermouth, and the balanced bitterness of Campari. Combine the three and you have the essential elements of an Italian classic, a Negroni cocktail. Add this amazing aperitif to your summer rotation with our favorite recipe below!
What You’ll Need
- lowball glassware (short tumbler)
- bar spoon
- measuring cup aka jigger in bartender speak
- Chef’s knife or peeler
- 1 oz. gin (our favorite is Plymouth Original)
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Vermouth (our choice is Cocchi Vermouth di Torino)
- orange peel or orange slice for garnish
Step #1: Just Chill
Place glassware in the freezer to chill for about 7 minutes.
Step #2: Ice Is Nice
Fill chilled glass with ice. Peel orange into a small spiral or thinly slice.
Step #3: Triple Threat
Pour in gin, Campari, and vermouth.
Step #4: Stir It Up
Using bar spoon, stir all ingredients until evenly dispersed.
Step #5: Garnish
Add an orange peel or slice for garnish.
Other great options for summer cocktails: