Banana bread is a lightly sweet bread that is made from a blend of mashed bananas and other ingredients to create a satisfyingly tasty treat. It can be enjoyed any time of the day, and its banana flavor makes this bread irresistible. Though there are all kinds of bread that one can enjoy, banana bread is a traditional concoction that is especially warming as the weather cools down. However, you don’t have to enjoy it with just bananas, as there are many versions that allow you to incorporate ingredients, such as walnuts, lavender, and even chocolate.
Chocolate chips are well-known for their part in creating chocolate chip cookies, but when added to banana bread, they are even more delicious and gooey, and they make banana bread taste even better than the traditional variety. If you are looking for a tasty bread that your whole family will enjoy or a comforting food that you’d like to enjoy all your own, here is a very easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe that you can make any time you want.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5-inch bread loaf pan
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fully blended.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mash the bananas, then add to the sugar mixture. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds, scraping the sides, until the mixture is rich and creamy.
- Fold in the flour, one cup at a time. Then add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts, mixing until the chips and nuts are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Scrape out the mixture into the greased loaf pan. Place the pan into the oven, and bake for about 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for about 30 minutes, then carefully take the cake out of the pan, slice and serve.
Chocolate chip banana bread is gratifyingly delectable, creating the perfect blend of chocolatey goodness and sweet bananas. Keep this recipe, as it will surely become a crowd-pleaser.